Skip to content

Climate Change?ccm_paging_p=2 Archives

Attenborough's Apollo mission

12th October 2015    |     Peter Rolton: Chairman, Rolton Group

When John F. Kennedy spoke about his ambition to land on the moon back in 1962, he did so in the strongest terms.

Read more...

Power to the People

Rolton Group

29th November 2013    |     Peter Rolton

Between the end of WWII and the 1980s, the UK’s energy ran through a nationalised infrastructure, sharing a state-owned commonality with the majority of other British services and utilities.

Read more...

Bemused observations on energy policy debate

Agility Eco

11th November 2013    |     GearĂ³id Lane

This week I am pleased to introduce a guest article written by Gearóid Lane, whose expertise on the subject of energy I can personally attest to. Formerly a member of the British Gas Executive Committee and member of the government’s Renewables Advisory Board, he is now Chief Executive Officer of AgilityEco, a company that harnesses the knowledge of its founders in the provision of services surrounding energy efficiency and facilitates eco projects that tackle systemic issues such as fuel poverty - Peter Rolton

Read more...

Davey and Goliath

Rolton Group

23rd October 2013    |     Peter Rolton

In the fight between Osborne and Davey, only one side can win; whatever the result, the ramifications for the future of UK energy will be much more significant than simply bruised egos.

Read more...

Setting up camp in the policy battlefield

Rolton Group

18th October 2013    |     Kate Roche

At this time of year, attention frequently turns to fuel prices; year on year they climb higher, adding to a cost of living that thousands already struggle to contend with. There are many reasons for the continual increases, each of which makes its way into the media to fall on one side of the fence or the other.

Read more...

How long can we remain blind to blackouts?

Rolton Group

11th October 2013    |     Peter Rolton

Well, the inevitable has happened: ‘Blackout Britain’ has made its way back into the news as the National Grid announces that this winter brings with it the highest risk of power cuts in six years. Not that it’s anything to be smug about, but this news isn’t really new…

Read more...

The Opportunities of New District Heating

Rolton Group

4th October 2013    |     Peter Rolton

When the Department for Energy and Climate Change announced the launch of a £6 million funding programme for the development of district heating and cooling networks across the UK, I was relieved. Energy policy in the UK often plays to the tune of ‘one step forward, two steps backwards’, so to have some clear and undoubtedly positive direction from the government is welcome in my eyes.

Read more...