Skip to content

Climate Change?ccm_paging_p=2 Archives

Alternative energy generation for building owners

2nd February 2018    |     Chris Evans: Deputy Managing Director

With energy demands for many businesses rising, Deputy Managing Director Chris Evans was recently featured in Energy World in an article exploring the energy challenges currently facing organisations. Within, he makes the case for building owners and operators to take control of the situation and encourages the consideration of decentralised energy sources.

Read more...

Resource Responsibility and the Global Carbon Crisis

Rolton Group

5th March 2015    |     Peter Rolton

Although it doesn’t feel so long ago, it has been almost two years since I wrote about the mounting risk of investing in fossil fuels; in short, great portions of the reserves we are currently spending billions per year to discover and explore will have to remain unburnt if we are to avoid more than 2°C of global temperature rise, leaving eye-wateringly valuable assets stranded under the ground and potentially creating a global financial crash far more serious than the one from which we are just starting to emerge.

Read more...

Community Energy: Re-energizing the Local Power Scene

Rolton Group

5th January 2015    |     Peter Rolton

I’ve been writing about the need for a reconfiguration of British energy for a long time. On the infrastructural side things are a mess, and they don’t look any better from the spare capacity perspective, nor from the fuel poverty angle.

Read more...

Taking Stock: Energy Efficiency in the Built Environment

Rolton Group

1st May 2014    |     Chris Evans

The majority of the buildings that will dominate the UK’s skyline in 2050 are already standing, and this means that whatever action is taken to bring new builds to a zero carbon standard, the results will be dwarfed by the effects of our current stock.

Read more...

Jack of All Trades, Master of None

Rolton Group

29th January 2014    |     Peter Rolton

British energy policy is in trouble. The tug-o-war between traditional and sustainable fuel continues to rage on, and governmental policy panders to each side.

Read more...

Taking another look at ECO

Rolton Group

15th November 2013    |     Peter Rolton

The spotlight has been beaming down on green levies over the past few weeks; critics want them removed from consumer energy bills immediately to cut costs, whilst advocates argue that they are vital in the creation of a low carbon energy market.

Read more...

Bemused observations on energy policy debate

Agility Eco

11th November 2013    |     GearĂ³id Lane

This week I am pleased to introduce a guest article written by Gearóid Lane, whose expertise on the subject of energy I can personally attest to. Formerly a member of the British Gas Executive Committee and member of the government’s Renewables Advisory Board, he is now Chief Executive Officer of AgilityEco, a company that harnesses the knowledge of its founders in the provision of services surrounding energy efficiency and facilitates eco projects that tackle systemic issues such as fuel poverty - Peter Rolton

Read more...